Search This Blog

Tuesday 26 July 2011

Fondant Flowers.



My Mum found the Fondant Flowers I made yesterday for her cake, well I showed her as I was proud. I rolled the Fondant out thinly and used 2 Blossom Cutters one smaller than the other so it made a 3D effect and glued them together with a little bit of water, I veined the larger blossom by using a toothpick and brushed some edible glitter onto the smaller blossom, I then placed a small Sugar coated Chocolate bean in the middle for the Pistil (centre) and then carefully placed each Flower in a Egg Box Cup to form and dry in a Flower shape.

B-e-a-utiful!

The leaves were just made from the leftover Yellow Fondant with Blue Paste food colouring added, then rolled out and using a Plunger Cutter cut the Leaf out and then the end was wrapped around the end of a toothpick to made the shape.

And today I made these:
Free Style Orange Rose!
I made 3 Orange Roses, these will go on my Mums cake too hopefully (If I've got enough room) This was the first time I had made Roses Free Hand (No Cutters) I am very proud of myself for them and they are Gorgeous!

No comments:

Post a Comment