Search This Blog

Friday 29 July 2011

Happy Birthday Mum!

            Over the past week I have been making the Decorations for my Mums Birthday Cake including Roses, Flowers and of course Nemo.
            Yesterday I banned my Mum from the kitchen while I made her cake, I made a Chocolate Sponge with a Chocolate Buttercream and Raspberry Coulis Filling, Yummy!!! I then Crumb Coated it in Vanilla Buttercream and I must admit it was my second time Crumb-Coating and it was Awesome!! I rolled out the 500g of Red Fondant I had and I must admit I had been looking at charts to see how much Fondant I would need to cover the cake and it said for a 7 Inch Cake you would need 600g and I only had 500g but when I rolled it out and put it on the cake I had LOADS left over so obviously for this Cake you didn't need 600g!
           After the Fondant was on the Cake I went to town on it, my Artistic Skills came through, I piped with Royal Icing the Nottingham Forest Badge with Forest written under it and then added the Fondant Nemo (Which my Mum loved more than the Forest Badge!!) and a Orange Rose to the side with 2 leaves. Around the edge I stuck some Fondant Flowers and leaves with some more Royal Icing and the Cake was starting to come together. The area inbetween the Flowers looked bare so using some chocolate Moons, Stars and Heart I stuck them on with a small dot of Royal Icing and it just looked Ah-mazing! I finished off with a Shell Border along the bottom edge (the cake was sliding a little) and some edible glitter painted along the top added a sense of Femininism to it so.

Sorry it's sideways, I don't know how to rotate!

From the Side.

Voila!

2 comments:

  1. Your cake is absolutely fantastic and wow the decoration is amazing.

    I am so pleased your talent is finally being shown off.

    I love the Forest badge oh and the Nemo.

    From a very proud Mum

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its fab Becky! Really good. I bet it was worth all the hard work when you saw the look on your mum's face! Well done! Liz x

    ReplyDelete