Search This Blog

Sunday 4 September 2011

Fondant Bugs and Ducks!

Fondant Bugs and Ducks!

              I recently got some Sugarflair Paste Food Colours and a Block of White Sugarpaste and I felt the need to mess around with them so I decided to make some more Decorations!

        I started making some Bees as I had previously coloured some White Fondant Yellow and Black so I made these cute little Bees!
        What are the wings? May you ask, well they are Leaves of Gelatine cut into wing shapes and then pushed into the still soft Fondant. However the Gelatine is Pork Gelatine and I'm not sure if there is Vegetarian Gelatine Leaves but I did see this on a Youtube Video or some sort and thought is was such a great idea and it did work out well!!!
         I was on a roll so I made a Dragonfly using balls of Green Fondant and again Wings made out of Gelatine Leave, next I made Snail the body itself was just some Grey Fondant rolled into a ball and shaped but the Shell itself was a random thought, I took three colours of Fondant (in my case it was Yellow, Red and Lilac) and plaited them together and then rolled up creating the effect and it sure does look pretty. Last but not least I made Ladybugs, little rounded retanglesof Red Fondant with a Black head and wing line and however many dots I decided to put on! The Green thing is a Leaf I made by just using a Rose Petal cutter and veining it myself but I crumpled up a piece of Kitchen Paper and rested the Leaf ontop the the Lead fell and rested on the crinkles in the Paper towel giving it a pretty effect.


























And last but not least my Ducks.
            My Ducks are going to go on top of a order of Cupcakes I am making for a Fundraiser as they do fit in with the event in more ways then one.



No comments:

Post a Comment